- I am so thankful to my Jesus! He saved me, and gave me life. I am so far from perfect, but he still continues to love me and direct my steps. He believes in me and what he calls me to do. He blesses me beyond my imagination...in good and bad he is always there. Unlike people; my Jesus never fails. As a side note: he taught me that even when people might fail me that they still love me, but like me they are only human and deserve to be loved still in return. He has taught me more about myself (how he has created me to be) and how to love others the way he wants us to love. He has taught me to be a giver and how to really trust him in all things. Time and time again he has proven himself faithful and trustworthy even with the smallest things. He taught me that "It" no matter what it might be is worth fighting for and that he will send other along by my side to fight with me...I am NEVER alone. He has also taught me that I am beautiful and that he delights in me and all that I am. For one of the first times in my life I can look in the mirror, and actually believe it when I say I am beautiful...I want to help others see that beauty in them! The list could go on and on...Thank you my sweet Jesus!!!
- I am thankful for Jonathan. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that when God created Jonathan he had me in mind. He is the best friend a girl could ask for and a wonderful husband. He is certain to always make me feel special and beautiful. This will not surprise anyone, but I am a girly girl...and for some an acquired taste. Jon makes me feel comfortable in the way that I am...he is makes me feel that being girly is something fabulous and special...that I am one of a kind!!! I honestly believe that he loves that about me. I will be the first to admit that it is not always a bed of roses at the Whitten house, but we are quick to make a mends. We always support one another no matter the issues because we are Team Whitten, and I can honestly say we are each others biggest fan! When Jonathan and I started dating it was fun...I loved him then. When were married I knew that I wanted nothing more than to spend the rest of my life with him. Now...when he smiles it still lights up my world, he touch still sends chills up my spine, and his hugs can make the worst day better. He will be an awesome dad one , and I absolutely cannot wait to expand our family. As we grow older, we still enjoy acting like children...we enjoy the simple things. Jon is a strong man. When I feel like my world might crumble Jon is the actual face that I can look into that says it will be alright...just trust. He keeps me grounded...and is the glue that holds things together when I am being spastic. Just for my personal memories some of my favorite things that he does: 1. he calls me beautiful (like as my nickname), 2. he tells me I am cute, 3. he allows me to cry when I feel like crying...he will just hold me, 4. he takes Sarah to the vet because I am not brave enough too, and 5. he takes special time most night to tuck me in bed under the covers and kisses my forehead goodnight. I am so thankful to share my life with Jon.
- I am thankful for my family. I know I stay really busy, and do not always have a ton of time for visits. However, I hope they know that are never far from my heart. I love each and every person I call family. I hope in 2011 I will be able to see everyone more...
- I am so thankful for my friends! Friend make life more enjoyable!
- I am thankful for a great job that I love. The company that I work for is wonderful with great people. I know that God gave me this job, and I do not ever want to take it for granted! I just feel lucky to have great co-workers that make working fun!
- I am thankful for season...I do believe life would get boring living with one season year around. I love each season for different reasons, and each are beautiful in there own way. Winter- I love winter because it gets cold and is great for cuddling...sometimes we get snow here in Alabama which makes everything look beautiful. Winter is great for wearing sweaters...Winter also reminds me to slow down a bit to take it all in. Spring- I love spring because of all of the new life...flowers begin to bloom, trees get leaves, the world wakes up, and things start anew! Summer- I love summer because I love the sound of children laughing as they splash around on their carefree summer days. You get to go swimming...it is great for grilling out and get together! Fourth of July Fireworks!!! Fall- Fall is my all time favorite time of year. I love the smell of fall. It is football season. Not to mention the beautiful colors of the leaves...pumpkins...fall festivals...etc... I love it!
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
This morning I sit here thinking, and my heart is over flowing with joy, life, and thankfulness. If you would have asked me 10 years ago or even 5 years ago if I thought my life would be where it is now I would have laughed and said no! However, God is so good and his love is full of grace and mercy...he works things out not the way we want, but how he plans and knows what is best for us. I am grateful that the did not give me exactly what I wanted...for he knows the plans he has for me...they are far better than anything I could have planned for myself! I know it is not quite Thanksgiving...and Halloween has not passed yet. However, I think it is ok to be grateful year round...so here are some of the things that I am grateful for...