- We are going to go on the Jack Daniel's Distillery Tour. We have passed it several times heading to Nashville and Clarksville and it looks so interesting. The tours are free so that is always a plus!
- I have wanted to see the Parthenon in Downtown Nashville for a long time so we are going to go tour that and hopefully get some neat pictures. I've heard it is fabulous!
- I also want to go see the giant guitar in downtown Nashville too. So maybe we will grab lunch down there.
- We are also going to go to the Hermitage to see President Andrew Jackson's Home and take the historic tour there. Jon loves history so I thought that would be a super nice treat for him.
- Of course we have to go to the Gaylord Opry Hotel for all of the Christmas extravaganza they have: the little Christmas show that they put on, the fountain light show, the hall of trees, the huge outdoor Nativity scene, and we hope to take a carriage ride to see the outdoor lights if the weather permits and the wait is not horrible.
- Lastly, we plan to hit up the Opry Mills mall to do some good ole shopping. My favorite stores there are the Apple Barn and Old Navy. Jon loves all the Tennessee stores they have. He says it is God's country.
We plan to head to Clarksville Sunday morning to meet up with his family. We get to meet his dad's new girlfriend. I have already planned to visit the Winery before we leave to get my family some. They all love wine, and since Jon and I don't like it...it is nice to have someone to buy it for. The winery there is very pretty. We are staying the night there, and Monday we will take our time heading back to Birmingham. Jon said if we saw anywhere else we wanted to visit on the way back we could go...or if we don't finish all of our tours in Nashville we can go back on Monday. We got a super deal on our hotel, we are staying two night for $120! It is a nicehotel. They have a full fresh cooked breakfast in the morning, cocktails and refreshment party at night from 5-7, they have a free soda fountain and popcorn bar, indoor and outdoor pool, and the staff there is incredible. We stayed there last year and loved it! Oh, and it is in a awesome location!
We are both super excited to get away for a little alone time and just enjoy each others company. We see each other all the time, but there is something special about getting away from home, work, and the cell phones so we can just relax and be together!
Well alright, I hope everyone has a great weekend, and I promise to take some pictures and post them on here of the things we did. xoxox-The Whittens