I am choosing to trust that God works all things together for our good, and that his knows the plan much better then I do. I believe that if those things were never going to happen then God would never have put such strong desires in your heart...but when they look impossible or hopeless...how do you keep your chin up and your faith strong?
However, instead of dwelling on the things that have not happened....such as having a precious baby Whitten....I am going to chose to start listing the gifts I have been given....
- I am so beyond grateful for a God who sent his beloved son, Jesus, to die for a sinner like me. Who planned me and set me apart before I was even thought of by my parents. He loves me so much and my relationship with him is such a gift!
- Jon-I am so thankful for the man who God chose for me. He loves me well, and he loves making me happy. He cares for the small things in my life that others would consider trivial. He is a good man, a wonderful protector, a provider, my friend, a set of arms who I fit in just perfectly, the only man I can imagine living my adventure in life with...he is mine...and I love him!
- My momma- she is my biggest fan! She cheers for me and believes in me! Everyone needs a cheerleader in life and mine just happens to be my momma!
- I am so thankful for the air that I woke up breathing this morning. So many are dealing with sickness and health issues...and we are never promised tomorrow. So the fact that I woke up breathing fresh air this morning is a gift! In spite of the day that I am having I will celebrate because I have life!
- I am grateful for the amazing church family that we are surrounded by and are able to "DO" life with. They are some of the best friends and family a girl could ask for. They pray for us, they celebrate with us in the joys that life brings, they have held us up and comforted us with some of the heartbreak that we have had....they allow us to be just who we are...and love us for it.
- The children- our friends children, my MPACT girls, Jon's ranger boys, the little ones at church....family...I am grateful for them. Jon and I get to share in the lives of many children and that means so much to me. That our friends and church family trust us to take their children and care for them...to go out and have fun...make memories...and share in their little lives brings so much joy to my heart! It brings some sense of purpose and relief to the fact that I still do not have my own. We get to be the best AUNT AND UNCLE....Mrs. Lisa and Mr. Jon...and that means something. Those who allow us to share in their child's life...thank you! You have blessed us!
- My mother-in-law! She is an amazingly strong woman and one of the best RNs I know of. She and I could not be more different, but over the last couple years Jesus has changed me and opened my eyes...he is bridging the gap between our differences...and she is a wonderful lady who cares for so many! She raised an amazing son...and for that I could not be more thankful!
- Autumn! I love this time of year. Driving along a back country road with the leaves blowing all over the road brings a smile to my face and joy to my heart. I believe autumn is a gift God gives me every year because he loves me! This season reminds of so many great memories....
- I am thankful for CVS and VCI. Jon and I both have jobs we enjoy and they enable us to do the things we love to do outside of work. We both have bosses that are awesome, and we find our work fulfilling. Not everyone can say that! It is a gift!
The list could go on and on, but just listing the few that I have my spirit already is starting to feel lighter! Thank you Jesus for reminding me to find the light and joy even in the simple things...and not just at Thanksgiving, but all the time!