Wednesday, December 19, 2007

So busy...so many things to do, so little time!

Hey guys. I know it has been a while since I have updated! Since Thanksgiving Jonathan and I have been running none stop! We are enjoying just being together for our first big holiday season as husband and wife.

Thanksgiving was good. We went home to Gordo and got to celebrate and give thanks with everyone. Jon got to help cook at my dads which he revealed in the fact of. I cooked sweet potato casserole, mac and cheese, and dressing for that dinner.

As with every year my mom and I along with my sister-in-law went out shopping the day after Thanksgiving. We left at 3:30 and we did not return home until about 4 that day. It was great. My best purchase was a Christmas tree for our house. It is a 7 ft. pre-lit white light tree. So pretty...my favorite thing is the fact that when you touch the branches on the outside they feel real. Jon's favorite thing is that it came with a remote control so you never have to unplug the tree. It only cost up about $55 after our rebate.


The last weekend in November Jon had to work so we stayed around the house and hung out with our friends. Then the first weekend in December we had a wedding to go to. That was interesting! It was a cute wedding. Brought back some great feeling of when Jon and I got hitched! lol That was the first wedding we have been to since ours that one of us has not been in.

The 6th, which was a Friday Jon and I went Christmas shopping. We had breakfast together at Cracker Barrel and then made a day of it. We finished all of our Christmas shopping in that day! Thank goodness.
Last weekend Jon and I went to Nashville. It was magical! We loved every minute of it! Just spending time together during the holidays and everything was great! We did a lot of shopping, went to ICE How the Grinch stole Christmas, went to Gaylord Opryland hotel, and played at the arcade, and had some great food! Jon took me to the Apple Barn twice! I love that store. We got some cute pictures. I will try to post tonight. I have lots to show.

Last night we had our company Christmas party. It was SOOOOOOOO much fun. They had it at this little restaurant down town called Bettola. The food was yum, the company was awesome. My friends Janna and her fiancee and Cheyenne and her husband, and my friend Jennifer. So much fun! We are planing to all go out after the first of the year again it was so much fun! We did not want to leave.

Friday night we have Christmas with Jon Jon's family. That should be interesting, and hopefully good times! I am making a pie for the occasion. I think I am going to make a candy bar pie. We will see.
Jon has been working until midnight this week so I miss him something awful. He was off last night, the tonight and Thursday he will be working again to midnight! NO FUN! BOO! He is my best friend and there is no on else I would rather spend my time with.

Saturday went Jon gets off at 1 I think we are still going to celebrate our friend Erin's birthday. Then that night or Sunday we will be heading home to have Christmas with the family!

Monday night we have Christmas with my dad and family and then after that we have Christmas with my mom and her family at my uncle's house. Christmas morning we will be spending at my dad's and then that afternoon Jon and I will head home of our first CHRISTMAS ALONE at OUR HOUSE!@ I can't wait. Jon is itching to get his present! LOL I am enjoying it some much...I am off Wednesday to recuperate for everything that has gone on in the past month. They closed our office Christmas eve so I got my PTO hours back and I have to use them! YEA!
Well if I do not post again before Christmas...MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY NEW YEAR, and GOD BLESS. LOVE, THE WHITTENS! oxoxox

No comments: