Monday, December 1, 2008

It is Christmas Time!

Hey Guys! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, ours was good, and I have to admit that it was very nice sleeping in my own bed that night!
So here is our weekend recap:

Wednesday- worked until 4pm. Headed home to gather everything to take to Jon's family to
celebrate Thanksgiving. We had a good time. We played cards and just hung out.
Thursday- got up around 8am, and got ready to leave. We left around 10am and headed to my grandmother's for lunch. It was great. We got to see some family we haven't seen in a while. The food was delicious as usual. Then we got to my dad's around 3pm. It was nice. We ate good, and then relaxed for a bit before heading back to Birmingham. On our way out we dropped by my mom's camper to finalize our Black Friday plans, and then we stopped by my brother's house to see how Kylie and her mom had decorated so beautifully! Jon was a doll and drove us home.
Friday- I woke up at 3am, and got ready to shop. I met my mom, my aunt Terry, and cousin Kayla at Kohl's. We shopped, shopped, and shopped some more. My mom and I even made it to the Galleria. I home about 4pm that day, and I took a nap. I was exhausted. Jon got off early, and surprised me. He wanted to go back out shopping, but by that time it was rainy and cold, I was tired, so we head to Sam's for a bit and then head right back home. Jon said he was crazy for even thinking he wanted to go back out shopping! LOL I went to bed fairly early!
Saturday- I did not get up until around 11am. I ran out to the store, got home, got ready, and we
headed to an Iron Bowl Party. ROLL TIDE! 36-0! Then we headed home to watch Phillip's last game at Tennessee. It was very emotional! We like Phillip!
Sunday- Got up reluctantly...headed to church. I felt awful! So after church Jon and I ran a
couple errands and then it was home. I stayed in bed the rest of the day.

I still feel lousy today, but I have pretty much managed to stay at work all day. I have a floral class tonight, but I have no energy left to make it to it! I hate to cancel, but I need to rest and get well. Jon and I are heading on our vacation to Nashville/Clarksville Friday morning early! Must. Feel. Better. NOW!
The good thing is that Jon is working til 9 tonight, and tomorrow he has boy's night so I will not have to cook or do anything once I get home. Then on Wednesday we have church, but nothing after that. Thursday Jon is working til 9 so I will be home packing and getting our stuff ready to pull out bright and early Friday!

So now begins our Christmas planning...more details to follow!
Have a great night...I will be nursing a bowl of chicken soup with my pillow, blanket, and baby girl Sarah!

No comments: