Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Vitamin Water: BAD

Alright guys so I must rant. I am trying to drink more water these days in order to shed some much needed pounds. So I am trying to drink about 110 ounces a day. Well regular old water gets bland from time to time so I was trying to mix it up a bit. So Jonathan was telling me I should try the vitamin water because some of the women at his work drink it. So I bought a couple bottles. I drank one yesterday, the lemonade. It was good, not overly strong, still tasted like water.
Well this morning I get my topical citrus vitamin water out to take to work. Once I got to work I went to put it in the freezer when I realized "OH MY GOODNESS vitamin water has 50 calories per serving!" Alright, work with me here. There are 2.5 servings in a bottle that is 125 calories! That is startling when you think you are doing something great for your body by drinking it, but realize that you are hurting yourself more. When you are trying to stick to 1200 calories a day, giving up 125 to a bottle of WATER makes you mad!

So therefore, my word of advice if your are drinking vitamin water is to be sure that you account for the calories when you drink it.
I mean coming from someone who trying to get healthy drinking water and gaining 125 calories doesn't really go hand in hand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can't seriously be sticking to 1200 calories a day, rite? That will put you in the hospital or worse, in time!

Be careful. Starvation, VERY BAD!