Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Simplicity

Simplicity...sometimes it is the simple things and moments in life that bring the most joy, peace, and relaxation.
I am sure you all are wondering what the crap I am talking about and I am sure some of you are rolling your eyes thinking here she goes again.
Allow me to explain. Yesterday was kind of a long day at work. Jon and I over slept by a good bit, more so him because he had to work out of town. Then yesterday afternoon he showed up at my work around 5. He wanted to ride home with me, and then he was going to ride back this morning to work with me to get his car. I was not sure if that was a good idea or not, but we did it.
Well, the ride home was delightful. We just talked about our day. We grabbed a quick dinner, and then we settled in for the night. Jon brought home a cupcake that we cut in half and shared. I got online to check my email, the news, and my websites. He played football on his XBox 360. Nothing special about it. Then we turned on the Olympics and watched them, as I straighten up the living room, wash clothes, and folded laundry. We went to bed at about 11:30, and I kept waking him up asking questions that I probably should have known the answers to, but wasn't sure. Again I say nothing major or incredibly special about last night, it was a simple night at the Whitten house. However, with all that said it was one of the best nights we have had in while. Jon and I just got to enjoy each others company and just be. It was simple, but blissful! It is those kinds of moments that make me really feel connected to my husband. It was anything physical, just communication and lounging, but in those moments I feel like I am right where I am suppose to be! I feel content, blessed, and so loved! It is awesome...that feeling. I still feel like I am floating on cloud nine today. I love my husband so much. We are so close, and yes we sometimes argue and do not see eye to eye, but even in those moments I still love him so much!!! I just love the simple things in life! My heart is happy and light, and I just had to write how I was feeling down.
Jon is working until 9 tonight, but this wife is going home (after the gym) to cook her husband a wonderful dinner that he has been wanting forever...Chicken and Dumplings!

No comments: