Tuesday, September 23, 2008

MY DADDY...the motorcycle man!


So... on the way to work this morning I got behind a man on a motorcycle. I followed him for a good little ways down the interstate. I know everyone is wondering how this relates to my daddy.
Well, every time I see a motorcycle man I automatically think of my daddy. He has a motorcycle and he loves to ride it. I am always extra careful around the motormen because I want others to be EXTREMELY CAREFUL AROUND MY DADDY! (thanks to all the careful drives in T-town)


Back to my story! Every time I see a man on a motorcycle it makes me miss my daddy really bad. I remember riding on it when we (my brother) were little. It was so much fun, and so carefree. I know it is not safe, but I would sit on the gas tank and my brother would sit behind my daddy and he would ride us around my granny's house. Everyone in my home town knew my daddy because he was "The Man Who Drives The Motorcycle In ALL Kinds of Weather"! Yes, that is true. My daddy drove his motorcycle in the rain, sleet, storms, it did not matter.
I remember my daddy bring the motorcycle in the hallway of the house to keep it warm so it would not have any trouble cranking up in the mornings when he drove it to work. Gosh, the memories. I also remember the day that the motorcycle died, but never fear later on he got a new one. And the time that he had a little accident in Reform when the roads were wet...that was scary. I had my fair share of burns from the muffler on that darn motorcycle! I also remember the day that the old motorcycle died, but never fear! A little while later he got a new one.
The motorcycle he drives today is...he says it is "blue", but everyone else says it is purple! Ha...I remember the debate about that. He only it drives it now when the weather is nice (thank goodness!). He takes special care to clean it. He and Regina joke about getting her a motorcycle tricycle and them taking off on a little trip!

So seeing the motorcycle man really made me miss my daddy. I know he is only like 2-21/2 hours away, but with life being so busy I can't just go down there all the time. I have always been a daddy's girl. I will always be a daddy's girl. Jon makes jokes about him coming second to my daddy...he knows how close we are and how much I LOVE HIM! The memories I have with my daddy are so precious and I hold them so close to my heart. I just really am missing him right now. Jon says we will go see him soon, and I can't wait. I am sure that little motorcycle man had no clue, but he really did not help the whole...I really miss my daddy situation. I won't say I am homesick, but sometimes a girl just needs a little time with her dad! I mean he is a fun guy...what can I say...he is my dad...it runs in the family! ;)

So...I know this is random, but I just needed to get my little story off my chest, and writing this has made me think about all the fun things we have done growing up. Maybe, just maybe this will hold me over til I can get home!

No comments: