Friday, September 19, 2008

My gift! A couple new skillets!


So my wonderful husband called me at work this morning to let me know that our neighbor was having a yard sale and she had some brand new cast iron skillets. He bought me a couple! I am excited, but I do believe that he is even more excited. He told me that this means we get to have cornbread like my momma makes! So looks like we might be having cornbread tomorrow for the football game! HA!

Speaking of football...tomorrow is a big day for SEC games. Jon said we will be in front of the TV all day watching the games, but first we have to make our trip to Sam's to get our football food. We do have some good friends coming over so it should be a fun weekend.

Hope everyone else has a jolly weekend and TGIF!

oxox Lisa

1 comment:

~Crystal~ said...

Oh! I love cooking with cast iron. I inherited my Granny's much used & much loved cast iron skillet. I don't know how to make cornbread any other way!

Do you know how to season cast iron before using it?

I found this website, for you just in case you may need some tips.

http://www.kitchenemporium.com/info/castiron.html


Also....I got so excited to now your hubby is a CVS manager. You need to e-mail me & tell which store, so we can be sure to shop there sometime. :)