Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fall is in the Air!


It is starting to cool down a little as Fall rapidly approaches. I love this time of year. The leaves changing, the cool breeze in the evening and morning, sleeping with the windows open, pumpkins and hayrides, Fall festivals, and the leaves falling, and football, and just the sheer excitement that the holidays are coming and it is getting close for all the cooking and family get togethers! I love the Fall. I just love the entire atmosphere and I love being outside in harvest air!

There is just an excitement that builds up during this time of year that makes me feel child like inside. I want to play in the leaves, and run around the pumpkin patch looking for the most perfect pumpkin ever! I love carving my pumpkin.

Jon and I were in Walmart the other day and they have their pumpkins out. I was so excited and he told me that I need to wait a couple more weeks before we bought a couple to carve. We always go to Homestead Hollow for the Fall Harvest and all the fun stuff there. I can't wait! Jon took me to Calera last year to the Heart of Dixie Railroad to the pumpkin patch for my birthday. It was so fun, granted we were the only ones there without kids. Jon said I could be his kid because I was running around like one. I got my face painted and everything!

I just wanted to write about how excited I am to see the leaves change to the beautiful burnt oranges and reds, to feel the cool autumn air on my face, and enjoy the wonderful things that come with this time of year. It is so awesome to see God's wonderful creation and all the amazing things that happen to it. I feel so blessed and loved...I could not be more happy...

2 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

Thank you so much for reading my blog! And adding my buttons. :)
Every time you have commented, I forget to save you blog. I did this time, so I can now read yours.

I want to go to Homestead Hollow this year. I haven't been since I was a kid.

Matt Hickman said...

1. I'm totally of proud of Jon for wearing his jersey. Shoot I remember when I bought it!

2. I'm glad to connect w/ ya'll on here.

3. I think you oughta let Jon write a post...that would be interesting.

4. I hope to come by Bama soon...I hope to see you!