Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Gordo...

My trip to Gordo was great! We had a blast. Friday Jon and I went with my dad and Regina to my oldest brother's house for a cook out. We sat around laughing, telling stories, and just catching up! It was great to see all of them. I have missed them so much. I have not seen them since Memorial Day! Oh, and my major Friday night highlight was riding in the back of my dad's truck! So. Much. FUN!
Saturday we got up and ate breakfast together, and then I left Jon and Dad at home. Went to my friend Tiffany's house were we hung out, talked about the baby, played with the puppies, and I got my hair done! Man, do I feel like a new woman. Tiffany and I have been friends forever so she totally knows what makes me comfortable and what makes me feel good when it comes to my hair! After I left there I headed home where we grilled and boiled shrimp. We ate on the patio which was so nice with the weather. Then....we roasted marshmellows and made smores! LOVELY!
Sunday was church. It was nice to go to church there. It has been since mother's day since I was there. I loved seeing everyone. After that Jon and I said our byes and we were off. We stopped in McCalla for lunch. We ate Mexican, and then we set out on our Sunday adventures as usual. We looked at houses. This time we thought we would check some out in Helena. We found some we loved, but not for $300,000 +. They advertised the subdivision starting at $160,000... but they only had about 5 houses there at the price then they jumped up to the 300's!
It was a great weekend! I had missed my dad so much. I think I can make it to Thanksgiving now...if we head that direction!
Well, that is about it for new.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

glad you had a good trip. hope to talk to you soon.