Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Holiday Plans


Hey there!

Jon and I have finally finalized our holiday plans for Thanksgiving. Good times. We are going to leave for Gordo on Thanksgiving morning and head to my Grandma's in Northport. Then we will go to my Dad's to hangout for a bit. Jon and I will be heading back to Birmingham for Thanksgiving night. We will more than likely have Thanksgiving dinner at Pam and Grandma's that night. Finally we will end our night in the comfort of our own home wrapped in each others arms giving thanks for such a terrific year!
I am so incredibly excited to see most of my family, but I am also looking forward to a peaceful end to the day with my sweet husband.

Jon and I have decided that for this year we just wanted to have a peaceful, non-stressful holiday season. We want to make it about our family, not just traveling from one place to another and so on. We want to enjoy each other this year, and lets not forget we want to celebrate the holidays with our baby too. We do not have an actual child, but we have a dog who thinks she is our baby and in our opinion she is! (I found a shirt I want to get her for Christmas that says "Mommy's little girl"...how precious is that?)

The day after Thanksgiving I will be going shopping here in Birmingham for the first time. I usually go in Tuscaloosa, so we will see how that goes. Maybe if I get REAL bold I will head to the Galleria. Jon has to work the day after Thanksgiving, and he is not sure about Saturday (the Alabama/Auburn game). I would think he would not have too, but we will see. I am really just looking forward to relaxing at home; silly I know.
We still do not have all of our Christmas plans finalized, but we are working on it (should be different than most years).
I have started my count down until I head to Nashville for Christmas: 23 days. I absolutely can not wait!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

The Alabama/Auburn game is the weekend before Thanksgiving this year. Hey--are you not going to be in Gordo during the weekend? I will be there friday night through sunday. I was really hoping to see you!