Thursday, November 13, 2008

Yummy goodness!

Ok, so I am a huge fan of seafood. One of my favorite things is shrimp, especially coconut shrimp. So I got a new cookbook at my meeting last night, and guess what? It has a recipe for coconut shrimp! YES! Yum!
So today I of course had to rush out and purchase all of the ingredients and I am making it for us tonight for dinner. Yea! Publix has shrimp on sale! (If it is really good we may have to have them again before the sale ends.) I am also making a Pina Coloda dipping sauce that is suppose to actually be the one for the Red Lobster sauce. OOOOOHHH so gooooood!

I wanted to include the recipe since I am gushing about it, and of course tomorrow I will let you know exactly how delicious they were. Man, I love shrimp!

Coconut Shrimp:

1/4 cup fat-free milk
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
24 medium peeled and deveined, tails left on shrimp
1/2 cup flaked coconut, chopped
1/4 cup cornflake crumbs

1. Preheat the oven to 450 degree. Spray a 10x15 inch jelly-roll pan with nonstick spray.
2. Whisk together the milk and flour in a large bowl. Add the shrimp; toss to coat.
3. Place the coconut and cornflakes crumbs in a large zip-close plastic bag. Add the shrimp, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. Place the shrimp in the jelly-roll pan in one layer. Spray the shrimp lightly with nonstick spray. Bake until golden on the outside and opaque in the center, about 5 minutes on each side.

(If you can not find cornflake crumbs, you can make your own by placing cornflakes in a zip close plastic bag and then finely crashing them with a rolling pine. Before you chop the coconut, spray the knife with nonstick spray to keep the coconut from sticking as you chop.)

For six shrimp it is only 150 calories!!!!

22 days until I go on vacation!!!!

No comments: