Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Asking for your prayers....

Well it is almost Christmas time! I am excited and simply cannot wait to start celebrating with my family. However, I am writing this post to ask for your prayers....
Please pray for a dear member of my church, Robert Conwell. Robert is the same age as me and Jon, and is currently fighting for his life. The week around Thanksgiving he was diagnosed with Leukemia. He has been undergoing treatments, and his immune system is completely wiped out. Infection has setup somewhere in his body, and he has been admitted to ICU yesterday. The doctors said that first 24 hours were critical, and Robert made it thur that, but he is not out of the wood yet. Doctors said that our prayers seem to be working, but I just ask that if you read this to please take a moment to pray for Robert and his family. He is an awesome man of God who works with the Youth at our church. He has so faithfully brought the van girls to my classes on Wednesday night, and he has inspired so many. His family is keeping us updated. I know that God is the healer and works all things to together for our good....after all Tis the season for Miracles!!!!

This came from my dear friend and Sunday School teacher, Cindy:
"He is in septic shock; which means his blood pressure has dropped; he's retaining fluids, his kidneys are not functioning. He has developed some sort of infection and has no immune system to fight it so they are giving him huge amounts of antibiotics. As of last night when we were there, they intubated him and doctors said the next 12 to 24 hours would be crucial. Ps. 118:17...."I will not die but live and tell of all you've done". "


No comments: