Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Irondale Cafe AKA Whistle Stop

Last night Jon took me on a surprise adventure. He had went to the Irondale Cafe about a month ago. He was telling me about it, and I said I would love to go because supposedly that is where all the action took place in Fried Green Tomatoes. Fannie Flagg was said to have written her book about that cafe and the people around it. You must know that I love the movie Fried Green Tomatoes, but I love the book so much more. It is a lot better than the movie.
Well, last night Jon and I went to Sam's Club to pick up a few things. After we were done he said he had a surprise for me.
He took me to the Irondale Cafe AKA Whistle Stop! When I realized where we were going I was SOOOOOO excited! It made for a perfect little home grown date!
It is an old place, but it is just so cozy. It is cafeteria style dinning, but it was great. They had old music playing. The atmosphere was nice! We had a great time. I thought it was very sweet of Jon to surprise me with something like that. He had to have been listening to remember that I really wanted to go there. We got to watch the trains. I tried to get Jon to take pictures with me because I never leave home without my camera, but he wasn't cooperating.
I just wanted to tell my story. I had a good time. It was sweet!

No comments: