Wednesday, August 1, 2007

My day so far...

Alright, so my day so far has been a roller coaster. This morning I got up, and Jon and I left the house at the same time. Well traffic was really bad. I was in front, and Jon was driving behind me. I could not get out of the merge lane. So Jon let me over, then he let me over again, and then for a third time because I have to cross three lanes to get to my lane for exiting onto 459. I tell you what. Just the fact that he did that warmed my heart. I know that that is the polite thing to do in traffic, but it made me feel so loved. He was running late, but instead of zooming past me he waited so I could cross. I mean that boy cares about me so much, I felt so loved. It is the smallest thing, but man! It showed me that he cares about #1 my safety and #2 he wanted to make sure he baby was going to get across. It was just a little way of showing his affections that meant so much to me. I guess I should say that I hate traffic, and he knows how nervous it maeks me, so that is why it made me feel so loved. He may not be the most romantic guy, but he sure knows how to make this girl's day!
Now at work we were having a BLOOD DRIVE. Being the person that I am, giving blood is not a pleasurable experience, but it is something that I do and that we all should do if we are able because it saves lives. So I took my fear of needles, suppressed it, and allowed my veins to be abused. I must first say that the ladies that took care of me were some of the most friendly ladies! The Red Cross has some wonderful people working for them.
I went to give. They stuck me and I was fine, but I was bleeding really fast! I filled my pint within like 4 minutes. Well, I think maybe I filled it too quick because I started filling faint. They gave me the cold compresses, something to drink, and reclined me. After a few seconds of seeing double I was fine. I should just inform all of you that the dramatic process I just described is actually normal for me when I give blood. However, what happened about 15 minutes after leaving the donation site wasn't. I was sitting at my desk when all of a sudden I got extremely hot. I tried reclining, drinking some soda, holding my feet up, but nothing was working. I was about to pass out at my desk, OH NO! I tried calling my boss, but had trouble picking up the phone. After three tries I finally got her, and all I could get out was: I don't feel well, I am hot, can you help? They finally got me back to the donation site, got me cooled off, some sugar in me, and then I promptly went to eat a bite. Needless to say that was scary. My darn eyes were rolling back in my head! HELLO, I was freaking out. Now it is 3:12 here, and I feel as good as could be expected. I am, however, very tired and weak. I can't wait to get home to cuddle up with Jonathan, and let him baby me.

P.S. If you do not mind say a quick pray for my sister-in-law Jennifer. She had surgery, but she is not recovering like she should. They may have to go back in! My nephews start school next week, and she can't even get them ready! She is hurting, and I am sure a little nervou! So lets all pray that God will fix her right up! (Please think of my brother and nephews too) Thanks, and I will keep you posted about her condition! HuGs!XxXxXx

1 comment:

Nicole said...

you know--the last time you gave blood, you had a hard time. I know you want to help, but maybe you shouldn't do that! I mean, you need to take care of yourself, too! Love ya!