Friday, January 7, 2011

Five Question Friday


1. What is your current favorite book, and why?
My current favorite book is The Love Dare. I am reading this book in preparation to do the 40 day challenge with our Young Married Sunday school class! I believe that my husband and I have a god centered marriage, and that we for the most part are good. However, I believe God is in the business of making good marriages great, great marriages awesome, and awesome marriages out of the world! So I am opening my heart as Jon and I are both reading this book saying, "God help me to be an awesome wife with an out of this world marriage!".

2. Do you go to the dentist regularly?
Yes. I go twice a year for cleaning and then if there is ever a problem. Side note: I am so very afraid of the dentist...I always go with IPOD in hand and lots of prayers said! However, I know it is so important so I put my big girl panties on and deal!

3. What is your worst memory from High School?
The worst memory of Sr. High was losing my paw paw. I remember that December 7th-11th like it was yesterday. My high school had won the 2A State Championship that Friday Dec.7th! The 8th was spent at the hospital watching as my grandfather struggled to breath and such...spent the day out there just talking to my family and having a few tender moments with him. The 9th I went back to the hospital and he was growing worse.  I remember sitting there looking at him knowing he was in pain, but knowing just how much I was going to miss him. Monday the 10th I had school...I do not remember much about that. I know that Monday night I studied for a trig/pre-cal test with some friends. Tuesday morning my daddy woke me up because my momma was on the phone. My paw paw had passed away that night. My heart just broke....there is still part of my heart that is misses him so much! I CANNOT wait to see him...

4. What do you hope to be remembered for in your life?
This is hard...really what do I want to be remembered for? I want Jon to remember for being an awesome wife...his closest friend, the one who held his heart, and the one that will forever be his "beloved"! With my momma I want to be remembered a her precious daughter...her friend! God has healed the relationship that I had with her and now we are super close. I want her to remember the good times, my laughter, and "the moments" that changed us for the better! My daddy...I simply want to be remembered as his baby girl...the one that loved him so much it hurts and how proud that I hope I make him!
I hope I am remembered as a great friend who was always there, a listening ear, an encourager, and for the joyful, easily excited spirit that the Lord has blessed me with. I want to be remember as woman that gave it all for God, who was not perfect by far, but who loved hard, gave much, laughed often....

5. Are you superstitious or do you have any superstitions?
I wouldn't consider myself to be superstitious per say. However, when a black cat darts in front of my car it takes everything I have not to turn around and head for the hills. I also think that to have good luck in the new year you should eat black eyed peas...but do I fret if I did not have black eyed peas of New Years...no!!!  I have broken a few mirror and opened umbrellas indoors and nothing....God takes care of me and works ALL things together for my GOOD!


1 comment:

A Wedding Story said...

Loved reading this! OMW - I so need to go to the dentist but I am terrified! Like majorly terrified.