Monday, October 8, 2007

Homestead Hallow Harvest Festival

Jonathan and I went to the HOMESTEAD HALLOW HARVEST FESTIVAL this weekend in Springville, Alabama. It was so much FUN. Jon was such a great sport. He knew this was so important to me because I had been looking forward to it for over a month now. I was so excited upon arriving that I was squealing. He just giggled and said I was goofy! We took some pictures, and did a little shopping. Of course Jon's favorite part was getting all of the festival food like a funnel cake, roast corn, nachos, kettle corn, and he got me some boiled peanuts. It was a perfect afternoon. I got to see all of the pioneer things like blacksmiths, broom making, candle making, soap making, wood working, the moon shine distillery. It was great. I got to tour a pioneer house and get my picture made with the pioneer lady. She laughed. She said she had taken pictures with kids before, but never adults. As we passed the moon shine distillery this little boy asked his mom what that was...she said nothing that he needed to worry about because he would never have any! I thought that was hilarious. I love the fall weather. It was so much fun spending the day doing something I love with my best friend. Good memories. Enjoy the pictures....this next weekend adventure is my trip to the pumpkin patch and the railroad!

No comments: