Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Reflections...who is that girl in the mirror?


Reflections...who is that girl in the mirror? Who am I? Well, I am Lisa Marie Bordelon Whitten.
So I think that every year one should take inventory of their life thus far, and over the past year. I was driving to work this morning thinking quietly to myself, "Wow this has been a crazy year, I have graduated college with honors, gotten married to my best friend, I now have a house, a grown up job that I love, new friends, old friends that I have grown closer too, a recently expanded family that I have grown more fond and appreciative of, and new nephew who is just the cutest thing ever, and a wonderful church family that is great, and lastly but not least a new CVS store for my husband. Oh, and I forgot to mention the load of responsibility that comes with all of those things! :)
As I was driving to work I phoned my mother like I always do. We talk at least twice a day. She always makes me feel special that entire week of my birthday. Then like she was there with me while I was having my reflection this morning she says, "Baby girl, this has been a huge year for you. You have had several big changes happen this year." I laughed and said yes...but I was like wow she is so right. I mean I got a new last name, I am living with a BOY for crying out loud that is a huge change, I am living in a new city, I have completed a cycle of education that has been on going since I was 5!
I have to admit I am a much different person than I was a year ago. My priorities have changed, for the better I might add. I now make it a point to spend time with my folks and try not to let to much time pass without talking to them, and letting them know that I love them. I do not waste time trying to make friends with people that I know 5 years from now wont' matter. I concentrate on keeping the friendships I have strong, and the new friendships that I have growing. I try each and everyday to be a wonderful wife to the fabulous husband God has so graciously blessed me with.
I have to say that being 23 was great, and I love all the changes that have happened. I just feel so much more grown up. Don't get me wrong I still like to have fun, and Jon continuously reminds me how goofy and silly I am, but I just see things a bit differently, different things are more important that they were a few years ago.
So as I reflection on the past year, and look forward to another memory filled wonderful year, I thank God for giving me one more year of great things, and thank him for letting me live to see another. He is GOOD! I am going to try and post some pictures from my big moments at 23, and then of course more pictures will follow of the birthday festivities to come. Happy Birthday to ME.
Thanks to all of you who have taken part in my big changes, and who have watched me make my transformation! HUGS!

No comments: