Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Uh...ok

Alright, so the past weekend was great. Erica's wedding was really sweet. I still have to get all the pictures downloaded to the computer so I can post them here.
On Sunday Jonathan and I went with our friends Will and Erin to explore parts of Birmingham. We went downtown and ate at Mellow Mushroom. It was really good. Then we walked around downtown, and went to one of the park for a little football. The highlight of Sunday's adventure was our trip to Vulcan. We got to go up to the top, and it was the most beautiful sight. The weather was wonderful. Jon was scared, because he is scared of heights! HA! I forgot, but he was a real trooper. I got some really cool pictures of that as well.
So tomorrow is Jonathan's 24th birthday. He is having a get together with all of his friends Saturday. I am making him a cake, and we are grilling out. We had dinner at his mom's last night, and then tonight we are going to my mom's for his birthday dinner. So that should be good times. I am taking him shopping Sunday. He wants new golf balls. Easy enough, huh? He so funny.

The first Sunday in November Daddy and Regina are coming up to our house. We are getting to take them to dinner at Cajun Steamers for Regina's birthday. Since Jon and Regina are cooking buddies, so I have been told, Jon is making her a cake. He is going to display his skills for her! LOL I will post pictures of that process because that should ensure some laughs. Jonathan making a cake...that is laughable. Hopefully that will turn out OK. I can't wait! It is birthdays all around!
My friends Krystal and Tiffany are suppose to be meeting me at the Galleria Saturday for a day of hanging out and dinning. I can't wait. I haven't seen them in what feels like FOREVER!
We have finally gotten some rain which we needed badly. I do believe the rain has brought the fall temperatures too. Jon and I have not been running the air conditioner which has been really lovely. I love sleeping with my windows opened.
I am so ready for the holidays. I can't wait to hang out with my family. This will be mine and Jon's first Christmas together which will be more than fantastic. Life at the moment is going rather well! :)
I have to go to the doctor for blood work on Thursday, and I will have a follow up appointment on the following Thursday to discuss my results. I believe everything is fine!?!
So I just have one quick prayer request: My friend Dana asked me to put to keep her friend Becky in my prayers. I put her on my prayer list at church, and if you guys could say a quick word for her too I would appreciate it. Becky is a young mother with two children and a great
husband, but she is battling breast cancer for the third time. The doctor told her they could not do anymore radiation only chemo. The cancer has metastasized in her chest in part of her lungs. It is just hard on them. My Sunday School teacher's sister is going through pretty much the same thing. Dana is having a very hard time with it not only because it is her best friend, but she works with people at the hospital everyday who are battling cancer. So, God is a big God, so please just say a prayer for Becky, Michelle, and my friend Dana.
Well, I will post more later...other than a few things that are tense right now, I feel rather blessed! Hugs, Lisa

1 comment:

~Crystal~ said...

Hey Lisa!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I always love it, poeple let me know they are out there reading. And even better when they are other Bama folk. :)

I got my locket from http://www.picturesongold.com/

Send me an e-mail, there's a link on my blog. It looks like we live in the same area.